Shack,

Who are you to say "Who would want to print out hundreds, possibly thousands
of pictures? What purpose would
that serve?" If somebody wishes to it is their business, and if it can be
done why not.

Nor do I agree with your comments about using REGEDIT, Like Tim, my
experience in using and programming PCs is in excess of 30yrs, and like him
I have had to sort them out for people who have messed with the Register,
and I know that Legacy has regularly dealt with such problems. In my view it
is irresponsible to suggest practices which may have an adverse effect (if
not carried out correctly) on a list such as this.

For example, I do not use the recommended Legacy system for storing my data
and documents, but I would not recommend others to adopt my practice because
it would be wrong for me to suppose that others should be, or are computer
literate, I should add that there are others on this list who are almost
certainly more computer literate you, and they would not recommend practices
which may be outside the compass of many users.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with people using a PC and its programs as
a TV; not everybody has the desire to get into the systems and why should
they? This List has the responsibility to ensure that *everyone* can safely
use Legacy without the risk of losing data, or messing up their PC.

Ron Ferguson
http://www.fergys.co.uk/