From: Brian/Support
Sent: Thursday, August 23, 2012 1:43 AM
To: LegacyUserGroup@LegacyUsers.com
Subject: Re: [LegacyUG] Source Writer and Clipboard

It is your choice whether to attach the image to the event, the source
or both. If you attach a picture to an event (excluding birth, Chr/Bapt,
death and burial) the picture can be included in narrative reports and
will appear in the body of the report when the event is included.
Pictures attached only to sources will only appear in the source
citation listing at the end of the report if source pictures are selected.

Re file formats: The Tif format Geoff recommends is for saving original
scans. This is a loss-less format that includes all the detail from the
original scan. Editing and saving again as a tif makes no change to the
quality of the picture. It creates a large sized file because of this. A
jpg file is a lossy format. It creates a smaller size file but loses a
small amount of detail. Usually this loss is minimal with the first save
but editing and re-saving a jpg file many times will result in
degradation each cycle of edit and save and can lead to significant
degradation in the picture quality.

The recommendation is that you scan and save an original in tif format.
You then edit and create a jpg copy of this file for attaching within
Legacy. This gives you a high quality original if you need to perform
further edits and a smaller file to attach to Legacy.

Brian
Customer Support
Millennia Corporation
br...@legacyfamilytree.com
http://www.LegacyFamilyTree.com

We are changing the world of genealogy!
When replying to this message, please include all previous correspondence.
Thanks.