LZW is lossless compression for TIFF's that will cut the file size in
about half if hard-drive space is an issue. Choose that option when
you're saving an image. To reconstitute just open the file and re-save
with Compression:None.

You can't get better definition out of an image by scanning at high res
than is in the image to begin with. Considering your monitor can
probably only see 96 dpi and regular home printers run in the range of
200-300 dpi, 1200 dpi is some other planet.

What is band-width nowadays with a free Dropbox account? I don't
hesitate for a second sending TIFF's over.

The reason to link JPG's to Legacy instead of TIFF's is because Legacy
will freeze if you try to do otherwise unless your TIFF's are very small.
---
JL Beeken
JLog - simple computer technology for genealogists
http://www.jgen.ws/jlog/