I put all of the records for an individual together.  (I use 3-ring binders, but
I have described it as if the dividers were folders.)  If I don't have any
descendants for the person, I put their records with  their parents.  If I later
find descendants, I move the records.  I keep the photos in that folder also,
except for very immediate family, where because of the volume, I have a second
folder for the photos.  A group photo or record that involves more than one
sibling goes with the parents.

I don't save most census records.  And I don't save any as paper copies.  I
simply don't have the space for them.  There would be thousands.  I link to them
in Ancestry and I can quickly go there if I have questions.  If there are no
online records, such as the Scotland census in Ancestry, and I have obtained the
record elsewhere, I store those in a folder Country>Census>Year.  File is
labeled with year and household name, and sometimes location information, e.g.
1901RodgerJames_646_60_18.

Shirley York Anderson   yor...@prodigy.net
My web site: http://homepages.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~syafam/
http://myfamilybrickwalls.blogspot.com/