Thanks Jan I'll keep that in mind.
Sandra

--- On Sat, 15/9/12, Jan Roberts <poo...@ozemail.com.au> wrote:

From: Jan Roberts <poo...@ozemail.com.au>
Subject: RE: [LegacyUG] Half Siblings
To: LegacyUserGroup@LegacyUsers.com

Sorry Sandra, I forgot about Step 1.  As I was writing my reply I had a nagging
feeling there was something I was missing, but couldn’t work out what.  The
reason I don't actually use Step 1 is that it gives a false record at times.
By that I mean it appears to show *ALL* children of a couple, when actually
they aren't.  Best explained by example.  My first husband had 4 children to
his first wife.  Then we had a child of our own.  Correctly, those 5 children
show up under our marriage.  However, I have since remarried, to a man who had
two children with his first wife.  Under our marriage I see my first husband's
four children, my own daughter, and my second husband's two children.  Now the
first four children have nothing to do with my second husband, and I don't want
them showing in our marriage.  So, I choose NOT to Show half siblings, but in
the cases where I want to see half siblings I add all children to their natural
parents, and to
 the marriage of the natural parent with the step parent.

Cheers
Jan