The only people that have access to new FamilySearch are LDS church members and
some non LDS beta testers.  Access will become public one day but no one knows
exactly when.

Michele

From: Pat Hickin [mailto:pph...@gmail.com]
Sent: Friday, September 28, 2012 10:22 AM
To: LegacyUserGroup@LegacyUsers.com
Subject: [LegacyUG] new.familysearch.org

I clicked on one of those little pale arrows that has suddenly begun to appear
beside every name in the children's lists on my Legacy family screens.

That took me to a "Family Search" screen, which wanted me to log in.

The login screen didn't like my familysearchindexing username and password so I
attempted to register, t which point I was told to

Enter Your Membership Record Number and Confirmation Date.

Now I haven't the foggiest notion of what they're talking about!

I am told

"Your ward or branch clerk can provide this information for you"!

What "ward or branch clerk"?   Ward of what??  branch of what??

If Legacy is making some kind of major change like this should we not receive
some sort of explanatory email??  Am I missing something?

I find all this a bit annoying, to put it mildly.

Pat