Pat,

I do not understand why you selected to use the generic GEDCOM, if exporting
from Legacy to Legacy then the Legacy GEDCOM should have been selected. The
point is that because SW is non-standard for GEDCOM purposes custom tags have
to be used. Work which I did a few years back indicated that the Legacy GEDCOM
did allow for the import/export of Legacy generated GEDCOMS. However an
independent report (Seaver, I think) suggested that this was not the case.

I am surprised that you say that the Basic format does not work, I would have
expected that it would for all version, but then I do not know your construct.

The behaviour you report is, btw., common to all programs which use SW style
sourcing, because, and I repeat, it is due to the prehistoric nature of the
GEDCOM standard. It has been reported on this list before, certainly by myself,
and maybe others, although I cannot remember Legacy ever commenting.

Personally, other than for testing, I would never use a GEDCOM to transfer to
and from Legacy but the direct Legacy transfer option, which does work properly.

Ron Ferguson
http://www.fergys.co.uk/
GOONS #5307