Totally agree!

-----Original Message-----
From: Brian L. Lightfoot
Sent: Friday, October 12, 2012 4:03 AM
To: LegacyUserGroup@LegacyUsers.com
Subject: RE: [LegacyUG] What to do with genealogical files after death of
compi ler

Having read all the previous responses to this question, I shudder to think
how disappointed  many Legacy users would be to find that their computer
files will probably not even be looked at following their death. Yes, there
are many close families that will make this an exception but on the other
hand there will be many whose computers will sit in the corner of a closet
or garage for years until somebody decides to do a spring house cleaning and
finally dispose of "ol' grandpa's stuff". By that time, your computer's
operating system will be as ancient as Windows 3.1, your CDs and DVDs will
be suffering from bit-rot (assuming there still are such things as CD and
DVD players), and the Legacy company from Surprise, Arizona may no longer
exist or else the current version of Legacy is v124.6. For that matter,
Arizona may no longer exist.

I'd just like to pass along my recommendation for passing along your own
legacy: HARD COPY ! No exceptions.

Brian in CA

Follow Legacy on Facebook (http://www.facebook.com/LegacyFamilyTree) and on
our blog (http://news.LegacyFamilyTree.com).