Here are the instructions as per the Help in Legacy:

Distance and Bearing Calculator (Deluxe Edition only)

The Distance and Bearing Calculator is used to find the distance and compass
direction between any two points on earth specified by a latitude and
longitude. (See Latitude and
Longitude<mk:@MSITStore:C:\Legacy\Legacy7.chm::/html/latitude_and_longitude.htm>
 for more information on this subject.) The calculator uses great circle
spherical trigonometry to figure the shortest distance and direction between
points.

The Distance and Bearing Calculator is reached by choosing Distance and Bearing
Calculator from the Tools menu. It is also available by clicking the
Calculator button on the Master Location
List<mk:@MSITStore:C:\Legacy\Legacy7.chm::/html/master_locations_list.htm>,
Adding or Editing Master
Locations<mk:@MSITStore:C:\Legacy\Legacy7.chm::/html/adding_or_editing_master_locations.htm>
 screen, and
Address<mk:@MSITStore:C:\Legacy\Legacy7.chm::/html/new_address.htm> screen.

Finding the Distance Between Two Points

To find the distance and bearing from one point to another:

1. In the Latitude and Longitude of First Location box, enter the two
coordinates of the starting location.

2. In the Latitude and Longitude of Second Location box, enter the two
coordinates of the ending location.

3. Click the Calculate Distance and Bearing button. The distance between the
points and the bearing from the first location to the second is displayed below
the button.

(The latitude and longitude must be in the form of degrees, minutes and
seconds. The degrees must be between 0 and 90, if a latitude and between 0 and
180, if a longitude. The minutes and seconds must be between 0 and 59. The
seconds can have up to three decimal places after it. e.g. 681234.293)