Marie - I've been running Parallels (Versions 6 through 8) for several years
and it works just fine.  I tried Bootcamp and it is a good program, but the
restarting issue is a drawback for me. Unless it has changed within the past
couple of years, Bootcamp requires a restart to get to the system you wish to
use.  In Parallels, you can move almost effortlessly between the MAC OSX and
Windows 7. I say effortlessly because there are a few things one needs to get
used to - otherwise, it is the best of both OS worlds.

Bob