When I am working on my Scandinavian lines, I go to customizing and
turn off the "add father's surname" button so I don't have to remove
it while adding information. I also use the other surnames (often if
they left Sweden or Norway they changed their surnames) in the aka
section . Also I add farmnames for my Norwegian people into the suffix
(this way I have their names with their farmnames together.
Play around with Legacy and customize - easy to do and it will save
you time in the long run. We have discussed this and have a few
hangout recordings on customizing and data entry at the Legacy Virtual
Users' Group page. We also meet online once a month.

Tessa Keough
Guild of One-Name Studies, No. 5089
Legacy Virtual Users' Group
One Place Studies - Plate Cove, Newfoundland