Sentz,
see my reply below each question.

From: Sentz
Sent: Friday, February 15, 2013 1:24 PM
To: LegacyUserGroup@LegacyUsers.com
Subject: Re[2]: [LegacyUG] Questions regarding Source Type

Okay, I'll run the following up the flag pole again, since no one responded a
while ago.

How should one record the following in Legacy using the Source Writer. I was
trying to understand how to classify types of documents/data and find the
appropriate source type using the "What kind of source" data field.

A child received "The Blessing of Little Children" rather than being Christened
or baptized as an infant. The name of the child, parents, birthdate, church and
date of blessing along with the names of the officiating ministers are recorded
in a commemorative card/pamphlet that was given to the parents. Didn't see
anything that was appropriate in the big list of source types.  Would this be a
generic source?

I would use: Church records>Church brochures, newsletters, newspapers,
etc>Basic Format> then fill out the form:
Title: The Blessing of Little Children
Record Type: Commemorative card/pamphlet
fill out rest of form
Text/Comments: whatever you want
Repository: You
Multimedia: scan of document

The parents of a child received a certificate of birth from the hospital. This
is supposedly a commemorative document and not considered the legal birth
certificate from the state of residence. What type of document would this be
considered? generic or birth record at the local/county level?

Artifact>Privately held>fill in blanks
Repository> you

The newlyweds received a Certificate of Marriage from the officiating minister.
Again, this is not a marriage license, but a commemorative document/pamphlet.
It cites the names of those married, the location (city & state, not the
church, although the name of the church is known), date of the ceremony,
witnesses and the officiating minister. It is not known whether the church
recorded the marriage in 1945. Again, is this considered a generic document? I
did not see anything that looked like a match in the type of source lists.

This would be an original Certificate of Marriage I would use:
Marriage records>Frakturs>Basic format> fill in the blanks
Repository: you

What about the little funeral service card...would this be considered a funeral
announcements, artifact-privately held? or would this also be considered
generic?

Funeral home records>Privately held>fill in blanks
Repository: you

Since I am in possession of all of the above, would they be considered part of
my personal repository, or would they be assigned to the organization the
issued the document?

What would you like to know?