Thanks for the replies,
I knew I would have a tough time explaining this.
I think you have it Ron, you said
"The tabs are: Output, Text/Comments, Repository and Pictures. Clicking
the Pictures tab will show the image(s) of the Source."
    I'm not seeing "the image(s) of the Source." or thumbnail. I always
have though.
What I see is "Source Detail Picture", below is a square, that says
"Picture".
When I click on the "picture square" it goes to the Photo gallery and my
scan/picture is there, but not being displayed as a thumbnail.

    I don't even know about my other problem but this is what its doing.
"after I add a source, copy it to the source clipboard, when I try to
attach it to another Event, a small window comes up that says
  "No current record", after clicking OK, the source opens and attaches
as usual, but as above, the thumbnail is not visible."

    Brian