One just has to wonder how these things happen in this day and age of
free and virtually free backup options.

Do you have any Legacy BACKUPS? I mean the zip file that's created when
you click the BACKUP button.

If so, install Legacy on your new computer. Then click the RESTORE
option in Legacy and browse to your most recently dated zip file (on a
flash-drive or wherever you've got it by now.) Follow your nose through
the rest of it.

There's another dealie-do with the USR files but I'll save that for now.

I'm wondering what you mean by your 'download folder'. Without knowing
that I'm not sure what else is on your mind. Was EVERYTHING on one
computer? Did you lose EVERYTHING? If not, what DO you have to work with
Legacy-wise?
-----
JL Beeken
JLog - simple computer technology for genealogists
http://jlog.jgen.ws/