I don't recall if this was mentioned before, but we are preparing to do a book
on various lines of the family.  We have been working with the smaller lines
first and gradually going to the larger lines.

I finally got to a line that is 41 pages long and had a number of photos
included.  While working on that line in an RTF, Microsoft Word kept not
responding and I had to start over numbers of times.  I finally converted the
document to a .docx file.  In .rtf it was 468,000+ KB and went down to 150 KB
as a .docx.  I'm using Legacy's full and current version in Word 2010.  When
uploading to Dropbox or opening on any computer including the one it was
created on, no photos or scanned documents show up.  It only shows up on the
version saved in my computer.

Questions:

Why did Word stop responding in .rft?
Did I have to resave it in .docx?
Should I have done something different?
Will I have to resave all bigger documents in .docx instead of .rtf?
Any other suggestions?
Will I have to give it to a publisher on a disc or thumbdrive?
How large of a document can I work with in Word?  I have some lines that will
be 700+ pages and a whole lot of photos and scanned documents.

God bless,
Ellen