 Date: Wed, 1 May 2013 16:33:38 -0400
Subject: Re: [LegacyUG] charts and adopted children
From: lavernh...@gmail.com
To: LegacyUserGroup@LegacyUsers.com

Thanks, Ron. You are correct.
What I was trying to do is create a Father's Tree for each of my aunt's
grandchildren.

There are three children in total, two of which are biological and one child
belongs to each of her two daughters. The third daughter adopted a baby boy
(Noah) and who is the youngest member of the family. I wanted to be fair and
give all three children  a Father's Tree, so there wouldn't be hurt feelings.
I didn't know how to do this for Noah since the generations of people on the
chart are not his heritage.

I created a Father's Tree  for him today and to my surprise, there was no
indication that he was adopted. His birth (date/place) appeared and nothing
more (eventhough I had the child relationship settings for each parent set as
"adopted".) Perhaps if I had a date of his adoption, that may have shown on the
chart; but for now, it looks like everyone will get a Father's Tree of their
own.

Thank you Ron for replying to my posts and for the help you offer this list.

Lavern Hall

On Wed, May 1, 2013 at 3:15 PM, Ron Ferguson <ronfergy....@tiscali.co.uk> wrote:

Lavern,

I am not clear whether you mean a separate tree with her biological parents, or
inclusion in the family of her adoptive parents.

Any individual can have multiple sets of parents, known or unknown,.  An
adopted child can be linked to her adoptive parents, and if desired can be
designated as “adopted” by right clicking the child’s name>Children’s settings
and choosing father’s and mother’s relationship.

Ron Ferguson
http://www.fergys.co.uk/