Can we go back to the original request and forget about all the
extraneous waffle which has appeared on this subject.  Just because
Legacy must create a "marriage" record whenever a child is added to a
parent, it doesn't mean that a real-world marriage actually occurred.

It is frequently easy to tell that a person never married.  It is
usually impossible to state with any certainty that someone had no children.

Can we please split the "This person never married and had no children"
fact into two separate facts?

Thanks

Tony