So do you fill in the same yDNA values for all of the direct line males?

Michele

-----Original Message-----
From: Frank Fuqua [mailto:confu...@gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, July 03, 2013 1:00 PM
To: LegacyUserGroup@LegacyUsers.com
Subject: RE: [LegacyUG] DNA results

Here's one DNA application.

I have documented my surname line down from my 7th Great-Grandfather EXCEPT for
one circumstantial link. I have no doubt whatsoever that the link is correct,
but how to prove it without resurrecting a burned courthouse & all its records?

My DNA analysis, and that of the male descendants of two of my 6th
Great-Grandfather's brothers are identical. Therefore, we are all proven
biological descendants of our 7th Great-grandfather. In addition, we have the
bonus of having proven that in our three lines, there were no "father of
record" problems which become a researchers nightmare. The other two lines have
complete and solid documentation.

The DNA data have become important (if not critical) genealogical records.

Works for me.

Frank