I think what Virginia means is with a program such as RootsMagic it does
export the shared facts in the GEDCOM, but other programs can't
understand/import them.  The shared facts are not a standard GEDCOM
format.  So only another RM user can import them.  Otherwise the person
ends up with the fact for the primary person only and not everyone
sharing it. Unless you use a utility developed by another user to
convert the facts outside RM.
Will the Legacy 8 convert the shared facts into a standard fact format
on export so if you share a GEDCOM with a family member using a
different program they will still see all the facts?

Kim