As one of those annoying people who prefer to hand-code
their web pages, the issue isn't as easy as Voss suggests.

The Defaults in "the program" are frequently displeasing to
users.  So options are needed.  For options to be useful,
the user has to know /exactly/ what each will do.  AND has
to want that *every* time in the document. [Do you actually
want an empty box when you don't have a photo to display?]

Consider too that inserting a photo frequently distorts the
page's visual appeal.  Inserting 5 photos with 5 lines of
data will become visually boring, the eye will elide from
one to the next; if you alternate left/right placement for
the photo, a fair share of readers will do the vertical
read, and then complain that the picture shows a
birth-baptism but the caption refers to a marriage.

If you really really want the picture with the event, insert
it by hand.  Otherwise, put all these into the photo album
and print it at the end of the individual's information, as
a separate page, for those readers who care.  IME most won't.

Cheryl