I have inherited from my sister a box of old unmarked family pictures going
back to 1900.  I am the elder of the family and the only one left with the
undocumented memories.  I know I should scan the pictures, but right now I
am looking for a fast and easy way to organize the pictures, labels them
with name, years, place, and to write what I knew and remember about my
ancestors and their families while using Legacy.  I need to do it right the
first time.  I cannot spend a lot of time learning software because, I can
learn...but I can forget very fast also.  I am 80, on palliative care for
cancer, so time is an issue.  Is there a miracle way to do it?
Right now I have sorted the pictures by year/grand-parents lines and am
writing in the back of each picture (in pencil 02).  I will then put them
in archival photo albums with intercalary typed  pages of my
memories/knowledge, researches finds, in addition to the habitual facts
(birth, marriage, etc...).  I am thinking of typing the insert in the notes
of each marriage/individuals of Legacy and then print only the notes.  Am I
going in the right direction or is there a better way.

If there is time left I will scan the pictures and make a CD to share my
genealogy with my children, grand-children, nephews and nieces.  Right now
I want to preserve the pictures and the memories.

I am hoping I am not hors-subject.  I know you are all so knowledgeable.
Thank you for sharing.

Paulette

One more question :).  What do you do with facts such "they divorced and
witnesses testified having seen her with other men" (divorce judgment in
1907).  Hide the fact in consideration of the descendants feelings?