BYU has a scanner that will scan all the pictures at one scan per second or
faster to a thumb drive. You could identify the back, then keep them in the
same order so that you can display front and back together while you add the
details in whatever way works. The BYU scanning is free, and probably someone
at your local Family History Center would know of a way to get them done. Or
you might find such a scanner at your location, knowing such machines are
available.
Carl

<<I have inherited from my sister a box of old unmarked family pictures going
back to 1900.  I am the elder of the family and the only one left with the
undocumented memories.  I know I should scan the pictures, >>