From: Leon Chapman <chap...@gmail.com>
To: LegacyUserGroup <LegacyUserGroup@LegacyUsers.com>
Sent: Fri, Aug 30, 2013 5:55 pm
Subject: Re: [LegacyUG] search String for Ancestry

Howland:

The best write up on this is in the Help file within Legacy.
1.  Click on Help, Show Help Index
2.  Click on Search Tab to perform searches
3.  Enter "Custom Internet Search Strings" hit return
4.  You will get 4 topics, double click the 1st one - Create Custom Internet

Legacy's help file should be enough detail for you to understand the search
strings.

You can go to your favorite genealogy site and so a manual search using their
data entry.  This will create the search string you will need to Legacy's data
fields for the first name, last name, birth, etc.

Then create you own search strings.

I have a fairly comprehensive list of search strings.
You can go to my DropBox folder and download the Word Document at:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/rt9j4o2aecd1hym/YzFcYLGtcC

___
Leon Chapman
chap...@gmail.com