To recap:
When Bert did a Gedcom import test and confirmed that the reference RIN MH is
generated by My Heritage, and I then ran Ron's detailed search and clicked on
the LDS tab on the right, it showed the details for each record in the search
list. (All this is a learning curve for me, I have never ventured this far with
Legacy)
Following advice, after learning about the arrows against each name in family
view, (which weren't there before) I checked Options>Customize/General and sure
enough the Family Search box “Integrate with Family Search” was checked and
also "LDS". (I note these are default settings so with my limited knowledge of
Legacy I had no reason the know to turn them off until now.)
So, when I ran Check-Repair I suppose it integrated my files with Family Search
for the first time (and LDS?).
>From all the suggestions, that there must be data base/s on the web which
>include my family members, I googled several names. This confirmed that there
>are but whether they have been uploaded to Family Search is the question.
>Besides this does not include recent generations. However, all of the arrows
>on the family view are grey ie not matched with Family Search.
Paula, to be clear - only the reference numbers appeared in the General or
Marriage notes and nothing in any data fields.
I hope any of this helps in solving the mystery and thank you everyone for your
input. For me it has been a huge learning curve and I thank you all for your
patience.
I have now deleted all the numbers from the notes fields.
Kind Regards
Shirley