Hi,

I've been using computers since 1970.
Now I'm a Linux operating system (OS) user.
Legacy is the only program I use requiring Windoz.
Currently I use Win8.
I still use LFT v.5 deluxe.
It works, so why fix it.

When Windoz of my main OS
I did several things before installing new software.
1. I ran ccleaner, a free program that
   a. removed used programs, libraries, trash, etc.
   b. cleaned up the registry (there are better
      programs for cleaning the registry, but $$$.
2. I ran a good defrag program several times.
3. I lowered the value of some services.
4. Then I rebooted (cold) and installed the new program.
5. Then I ran my anti-this-and-that programs to check for !@#$%^

All this work is why I don't use Windoz,
if I don't have to.
Plus Windoz is sloooow.
Too much maintenance, malware, and $$$.

Wirth's law - Software is getting slower more rapidly
than hardware becomes faster.

This law applies to Legacy.
I doubt that LFT v.8 is as fast as my v.5.
Wirth's law also applies to Linux with some versions
of Linux being too fat to work well on older computers.

Legacy Family Tree is such a great program (and I've
used many others since 1984) that I suffer Windoz.

JimS