I have a win 7 64bit  Intel I5 processor with 16GB of Ram and my response
time is very good,
(and my C drive is an SSD drive)

EXCEPT for EXPORTING a gedcom

What used to take 6 minutes (221,709  persons with 34,190 media items
linked)  took over an HOUR

Just to be sure,  I shutdown the pc, restarted, did not open any other
programs and re ran it again, and the same result of well over an hour.