The new Ver 8 has a great Statistics report.

But one area has me questioning the calculation methods used.

For Average Lifespan here are my figures;
Avg lifespan between 1600-1699      83 years, 4 months, 21 days
Avg lifespan between 1700-1799      78 Years, 6 Months, 26 days
Avg lifespan between 1800-1899      59 Years, 6 Months, 11 Days
Avg lifespan between *1900-1999      24 Years, 0 months, 8 days*

So what concerns me is the last category where the avg drops to 24 years.

I cannot seem to find anywhere that lists the various categories and how
the were calculated or even what the considerations were for the data in
the various items.

Can someone explain the ratinale here?

Other thoughts on the report;

It would be nice to always suppress certain categories that have no
relevance to my file, like and of the bef 1500 or 1500-1599 years range.

Also its a shame that the report gathers only the top ten names and
surnames.
Since it has to add/calculate all the names, why not have a link to show
the descending items from 11 to end?
(So I can see where my own given name or surname ranks)

Thanks in advance for any help of this.

Jay