Hello,

>From a not so tech saavy person(actually hopefully not "dumb" questions),
new to Legacy media usage, I have these questions for those of you
"experienced" In computers and using Legacy for "media", input/organizing
files:

1.       I have not yet ordered L8, nor have even used the media options in
v 7.5; want to know how best to start;

would it be better for me to play around FIRST with a) the 7.5 media
resources or  b) the 8.0 media(I'm reading it's easier to use) OR c) use
Heritage Collection Software Suite to "organize" and manage the media? How
do Heritage features compare with what's available in Legacy?  Obviously, a
broad question, maybe no simple answer, but  is there a good link to
read/learn more about this?  I don't want to waste a lot of time by not
choosing the most efficient way to import/link to photos/ media, or even
audio files?.

2.       What experiences have people had using Legacy with Mac and either
Crossover or Fusion installed? Does it affect program function in any way?
What would be the negative considerations I would need to know about?

3.       Are there any minimum specifications/models/years I need to
consider if I did go with a MAC book pro? I "think"? audio/video files can
only be "linked" to the program anyway, is that correct?

4.       Has anyone had any experience using one of the "convertible" type
units, e.g. Lenovo IdeaPad Yoga 2 or Thinkpad with Legacy or any of the new
genealogy apps in a Wifi setting (or otherwise)?   Or would it be better to
get a full desktop type and consider a tablet or Ipad or something more
designed for Wifi? (am thinking if I visit an archive, or use microfilm
readers with a scanner)

5.       What about Windows * and Legacy? Any issues to consider? I have
Windows 7 now and would preferably like to stick with that however . . .
.choices??

6.       If I want to do more family "interviews" with audio, etc, which
type programs would be most compatible with such audio/historical programs
as mentioned by many of the Legacy webinar speakers?

7.       Should I consider the #/type of ports, slots, etc in making a
computer choice, considering the direction genealogical software/media/app
programs such as Legacy are going? In other words, what type of machine/
flexibility should I consider, so that the machine can outlast at least a
few years of tech advances?

Ok, enough. Thanks for any input!  Sincerely, Pam