Bill,

One of the many items that FamilySearchTree imported from the IGI
were the millions of Parish records and these seem to come over as
from FamilySearch. Those generate many, many duplicates.

For instance, every baptism creates a mini-family. If a couple have
10 children in a parish, the couple will be included 10 times, each
time with one child. The couple themselves might be there with their
marriage record. And then each burial record usually becomes a separate record.

I find the merge capabilities on the FS web site virtually unusable
to sort this data out.

Does anyone else see this? Does anyone know of a better way to deal with this?

john.