From: Bernd Hornung [mailto:ber....@telus.net]
Sent: December 09, 2013 04:50 PM
To: LegacyUserGroup@LegacyUsers.com
Subject: Re: [LegacyUG] Shared events

Like you I have been playing with Shared Events but am having trouble with the
sentence definition.  I have looked at the PDF manual and help but am still
stumped as to how to proceed.

I have created individual census events (i.e. Census - Canada Census 1916,
Census - United States 1880, etc.).

I have created various roles in these Events as the need arises, such as wife,
child (not son or daughter), father, mother, etc.

I would like a sentence something like:Â  Canada Census 1916 shows John
Doe(head) residing in [place] with wife (wife) and child(ren) and who ever else
is shared

When I try to make the sentence it does not pick up the wife but re-enters the
head.  It does not seem to find the individual roles.Â

How would I construct this to show what I want, including all roles without
having to enter every role individually to the definition when I cannot see how
many there are (listing 6 children, a father and stepmother - for example).

I looked forward to this function, specifically for Census events, but until I
can get a handle on this one, I would have to reconsider it for other events.

Thanks for you help and kudos to the developers and staff at Legacy.

Bernie