Jay,

If you want "Global" roles, don't you get them if you maintain a Family File with your Event Definitions and then import that list into each new file you create.

That way you are always working with your personal set of Event Definitions. And those EDs in L8 include the role based shared event sentences.

Am I missing something?

john.