For those of you who have scads of media files attached within Legacy and have
created wonderful reports and charts and websites, I have a few questions about
how you manage your media files.  Not so much on your hard disk, but more
within Legacy itself.  (Since moving to Legacy 8 I've been taking some time to
get re-acquainted with some of the features. Picture Center wasn't something I
paid much attention to previously, but now I thought I'd make a more concerted
effort to attach my thousands of media files to their appropriate persons.)  So
here are my questions:

(1) When you have an image that relates to more than one event, do you place
the image in multiple places?  I.e., for a birth that also discusses the
baptism... both places?  Or only one?  Or one in birth, and others in the
sourcing details for both events? If you have the same photo in more than one
event, and then have photos turned on in your report option, do you like the
results you get?

(2) Do you ever have multiple copies of an image attached to a person for any
reason, and if so, why?  Also, does it affect the way your reports and websites
get generated?

(3) Are there any pros and cons to attaching group photos to more than one
individual?

(4) Is there anything about the way you've attached media files in Legacy that
you'd wish you'd done differently?

and, finally, (5) Is there any advice you would give to someone who's just
starting out with attaching media?

Thanks, all!

Kirsty Haining
Seattle, Washington