I have often, when doing a Gedcom import found that I had to use a different option to be able to import notes without this problem.

I believe that the RootsWeb WorldConnect Gedcoms are some of the worst offenders for this issue.

john.

At 01:11 PM 12/14/2013, William Boswell wrote:
I've had the same problem only I thought it was from exporting from Legacy 8 as a GEDCOM then importing into Family Tree Maker 2014.  I only use FTM to post online to Ancestry where I noticed a space in the middle of some words in the source details.  I didn't know it was a Legacy problem.  I thought and hoped it was a GEDCOM or FTM problem.  Now I'll have to check my sources in Legacy.

In my situation, I noticed the space between two letters in a word is only at the far right of the sentence on the first line.  If it was a short sentence, I didn't notice it.

Bill Boswell

From: Jay 1FamilyTree [ mailto:1familytree....@gmail.com]
Sent: Saturday, December 14, 2013 12:05 AM
To: LegacyUserGroup@LegacyUsers.com
Subject: Re: [LegacyUG] Spacation Problem [was Re: LEGACY Digest, Vol 8, Issue 65]

My problem is not double spaces, but broken words

Here is an example with the broken words in bold

Myra H. Thielen, age 92, of 1619 Armstrong St., Marinette, passed aw ay on Saturday, June 3, 2006, after a short battle with cancer. She was bo rn on November 29, 1913 to the late  Benjamin A. and Sophia (Bauknecht) Ha nsen in Manitowoc. She graduated from Manitowoc High School and from the M anitowoc County Teacher College. She married Lester F. Thielen on  Februa ry 9, 1937 in Manitowoc. He preceded her in death on May 30, 2000.
She was an active member of St. James Lutheran Church and served as Financ ial Secretary for 10 years, and was a member of the Lydia Circle and the c hurch choir. She was also a  member of the Marinette County Historical Soc iety, the Marinette Mental Health Assoc., a Past President of the Marinet te Woman's Club and Easter Seal Society, and a charter  member of the Chap ter BK P.E.O. Sisterhood and a member of the Sons of Norway. She was a mem ber of the walking club and many bridge clubs.
Myra is survived by six children: Mark (Ruth) Thielen, Peter (Mary) Thiel en both of Marinette; Paul (Mary Ann) Thielen of Greendale, WI; Jean (Will iam) Everson of Fond du Lac;  Anne Thielen of Hortonville, WI and Karn (Pa ul) Gregoire of Rhodes, IA; two brothers, Ben (Florence) Hansen of Everet t, WA and Philip (Sue) Hansen of Merritt Island, FL; many  grandchildren a nd great-grandchildren, who loved her dearly.
In addition to her husband, Lester, three brothers, and a sister preced ed her in death.
Friends may call at the Thielen Funeral Home 1403 Newberry Ave. Marinet te on Tuesday, June 6 from 4-7 p.m. Funeral Services will be held on Wedne sday, June 7 at 11a.m. at St  James Lutheran Church with Pastor Darrel Die rs officiating. Burial will be in Forest Home Cemetery

It wouldn't be a problem if it were a couple of hundred, but in reality its probably well over 20,000

But thanks for taking the time to help.

Jay

Follow Legacy on Facebook (http://www.facebook.com/LegacyFamilyTree) and on our blog (http://news.LegacyFamilyTree.com).