I would guess this situation was caused by a GEDCOM export that broke the
words with spaces at the end of a line.
In Legacy, when you export, you can go to Customize of a GEDCOM and break
the lines at the end of words and then this word breakup won't occur on
export.

Many of the new programs can correct this if they know the GEDCOM lines has
been broken in the middle of a word.

My suggestion is to re-Export your GEDCOM (or whoever provided it to you)
and make sure they select an option athat doesn't break words at the end of
a line.  This should be an option when exporting GEDCOMs.  If you cannot do
that, then you have lots of work ahead of you.
Chap

___
Leon Chapman
chap...@gmail.com