Hello,

I would like to get input from others who have tried using the German version
of Legacy. I want to make a chart and/or send basic events/sources to someone
in German(y), and want to know which would be the best or simplest way to do
this:  (the recipients do not understand English)

1.       Should I download the German version of the program and just
transfer/import the family lines I’m interested in sending (2nd part of that;
do I need to make a gedcom?) from my English version to the German, or does
that work? Or a better way?

2.       Does the German version have all the same charting features?

3.       I also purchased the separate Charting companion software, but I’m
assuming that would not be compatible w/ German text? Or would it? If so,
transfer from the German version of Legacy?

4.       I’m assuming that any text details would not be translated, the
software is not that smart, however, what IS in German? E.g.  all the event
titles, etc and what is the source template like? How do the sources transfer,
even if they are in English?

5.       How do people handle text/detail text transfer, just translate another
way and paste it into the program? Or a better way?

6.       Any other issues I might need to consider before I try to do this?

I haven’t explored any charting yet, but just want a heads up as to how best to
start exploring with it so I have an idea what to expect before I start
experimenting.

Thanks so much for any help, Pam