From: lio . [mailto:likeitouts...@hotmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, January 8, 2014 7:37 AM
To: LegacyUserGroup@LegacyUsers.com
Subject: [LegacyUG] Alternate Names

I've just finished Geoff's "Legacy Family Tree - Unlocked!" and Mary Slawson's
"Getting It Right". I see they include clerk errors as an alternate names/AKA's
(ie. John Doe recorded as John Done by clerk error, so "John Done" is recorded
as an AKA).

For people who do this, do you also record the married names under AKA's? (i.e.
Mary Smith marries Charlie Brown, so do you record "Mary Brown" under the AKA)?

I understand the reason for having all these variations 1. reminds you of all
the variations when searching for new information; 2. allows a more indepth
computer/internet search when searching  the web for information.

Thanks for any direction,

leo