How can you tell which copy of the timelines directory is being used?  Other
than the help file reference, I don't see any place where it tells me where the
timeline info is being accessed from?

-----Original Message-----
From: Robert57P_gmail [mailto:robert...@gmail.com]
Sent: Friday, January 10, 2014 12:36 AM
To: LegacyUserGroup@LegacyUsers.com
Subject: [LegacyUG] Timeline locations

How do I control where Legacy looks for timelines?  I don't see it under
CUSTOMIZATION.

I just discovered that Legacy version 8 on my desktop is looking for the
timelines in the old version 7 folder.  Not a major problem until I eventually
delete the version 7 folders.  How to I tell version 8 to look in the version 8
timeline folder?

The laptop (that never had version 7) can not find the timelines in my family
file because I did not copy the version 7 folders over to the laptop.  I'm
guessing I can copy my unique version 7 timeline files from my desktop to my
version 8 timeline folder on my laptop (and to the version 8 folder on my
desktop).  But my family database is looking for them under the version 7
folder.  How do I change this?

The Help file says timelines are located at:
[My Documents]\Legacy Family Tree\_AppData\Timeslines\[Language].
But this is not the case for me.
Ah - I just found them under:
C:\winprog\Legacy8\_AppData\Timelines
But I still don't see a way to tell the program where to look.

I should mention that I installed Legacy 8 at C:\winprog\Legacy8 And legacy 7
program is installed at: C:\winprog\Legacy

Bob