From: Tony Rolfe [mailto:geneal...@gillandtony.com]
Sent: Tuesday, January 14, 2014 11:33 PM
To: LegacyUserGroup@LegacyUsers.com
Subject: [LegacyUG] Shared event question

I've just started to play with the shared events in V8 and have hit a small
snag.

Under V7.5, whenever I had a marriage certificate I would enter the marriage
details for the couple. Then I would add a marriage event called "Witnesses"
where I would list the witnesses names.  If the witnesses were in my tree I
would add a "Marriage Witness" event to the people concerned.  This bit is easy
to replace with the shared event.

I would also add an event to each of the couples fathers.  This was an
occupation event and the sentence reads (in part) "[OnDate] [Notes] said he was
a [Desc]" So we might get "On 16 Jun 1896 his son George's marriage certificate
said he was a labourer".  This is the bit I can't see how to replicate.  I
tried setting up a "Groom's father" role so I could build the basic part of the
sentence but I can't see how to get the occupation into the shared event.
Essentially, I need to add information from the certificate which isn't in the
base event.  I'm guessing that this is impossible, but I live in hope.

Advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

Tony