OK I tried to duplicate your problem with the father's name appearing in
the event sentence when he has shared his daughter's marriage certificate.

1. Marriage certificate is not a "standard" legacy event so I had to
create one. I left the default sentences for the marriage certificate alone.

2. After creating the event I added the role Bride's Father for the
event. For all the variations of the sentence I pasted in your "[Ondate]
his daughter [WifeFirstName]'s marriage certificate said he was" as the
sentence. I made this the default role for the event.

3. I then went to Asa Brown and Eleanor Huffman in the sample file. I
added a marriage event for the couple of marriage certificate with a
date of 1 Feb 1832 and shared that with John Huffman (Eleanor's father).
His role was Bride's Father and in the notes I entered a printer for his
occupation.

4. In the Family Group Record for John Huffman and Molly Smith the
sentence reads "On 1 February 1832 his daughter Eleanor's marriage
certificate said he was a printer
This event was shared from Asa Clark /BROWN/ and Eleanor /HUFFMAN/ who
also shared it with John /HUFFMAN/ (Bride's Father)." This is what you
wanted I think.

5. Do NOT concern yourself with the sentence previews shown at the
bottom of the shared event role edit screen or on the event sentence
edit screens. As the header for that preview says this is based on
sample data and does not reflect anything from your own file. There is a
little box beside the options where you can select whether the preview
will be for a male individual or a female individual. There is not
option for a marriage event because you cannot share an event with a
marriage, only with a person. When you are defining the sentences for an
event the options are male, female or marriage.

Brian
Customer Support
Millennia Corporation
br...@legacyfamilytree.com