I have a couple of nieces (on my wife's side - my wife's brother's
kids).  We took guardianship of them in their pre-teen years, thus I
have added them to myself and my wife as "children" in Legacy.  I have
the "children's setting" "Relationship to father" (and mother) set to
"Guardian".

My question - when I SET RELATIONSHIP on me or when I run the
RELATIONSHIP CALCULATOR, why does she ONLY show up as my DAUGHTER? Why
won't it show her as my NIECE also?  (I have the non-blood relationships
set to 10 - the max).

Even if I unlink her from us (so she is only showing under her
blood-parents), NIECE still does not show up for me (yes, I recalculated
the relationships).

This is true for both 7.5 and 8.

For my wife, she shows up as both DAUGHTER and NIECE, but not for me.  I
guess technically she might be considered my "niece-in-law", but I
thought niece and nephew (and aunt and uncle) applied to both spouses?

Similarly, for another niece (on my side of the family - with no
"guardian" or other oddity):
When I SET RELATIONSHIP on that niece, I show up as "Uncle", but my wife
does not show up as "Aunt".  Instead she shows up as "Wife of Uncle".
When I SET RELATIONSHIP on myself, the NIECE shows up as NIECE.
When I SET RELATIONSHIP on my wife, my niece shows up as NOT RELATED to
my wife.

Bob