On 2/5/2014 8:35 PM, Gene Young wrote:
> On 2/5/2014 8:26 PM, Brant Gibbard wrote:
>> It's working exactly as usual for me with that same build.
>>
>> Brant Gibbard
>> Toronto, ON
>> http://bgibbard.ca

It gets more interesting.  A little background.  I was working in Legacy,
everything working as expected, including the Function Keys.  I checked the
home tab and saw the new version was available so I clicked to install it.  It
appeared to install normally and I went back to work and discovered the
Function Key problem.  While investigating this I found that my BIOS had been
altered, changing my Function Keys from Function first to Multi-Media First.
Simple fix, go into setup, change it back and good to go.  The question is why
and how did it get changed and why in the middle of a Legacy update?  May never
know the answer to that but I will monitor it closely.  And the default 5 month
gaps in problem reports had nothing to do with BIOS.  That was all Legacy and
also easily fixed.

--

Gene Young
Researching Young, Harer, Cox & Sallada