Yes, I enter my locations as they were at the time of the event,
regardless of the four-field convention (which doesn't work everywhere)
and despite any problems it might cause with mapping.  Historical
accuracy is more important to me than other considerations.

Record your locations as you see fit - it is your database.  :-)

Hope this helps.

Wendy