You are seeing the two colour boxes because Legacy 8 now allows you to
set two starting people for the ancestor colours. When a person is in
both lines they will have two colours in their box. The pale colour is
for the ancestors of the first person, the darker colour is for the
ancestors of the second. If you set both groups to start at the same
person then everyone with a coloured box will have two colours.

Go to Tools > Set Ancestor Colours
Select the Ancestor Group 2 tab
Click Clear all Group to colours
That will remove the second set of colours on your boxes.
Select the Ancestor Group 1 Tab
Set the starting person you want to use for the ancestor colours if
his/her name is not already shown
Select track four grandparents option
Click apply the Group 1 Colours

To reset to the default ancestor colours
Click the Edit Colours button
Click the Reset button and choose Reset to Legacy defaults

Brian
Customer Support
Millennia Corporation
br...@legacyfamilytree.com