Good question. Just realized that I probably have not been consistent with
this. I generally have treated those in my family who, as it was termed at
the time, *migrated* west from eastern Pennsylvania to Ohio, or from
eastern Virginia to (now) West Virginia in the 1700's as a *migration* event.
However, when someone moved from eastern Pennsylvania to California for a
job transfer last year - I used * moved!* I think I've been fairly
consistent with the intent of the change in location, but have no fixed
rule or date that causes the change from *migration* to *moved. *Am
interested in how others see this!

John

Genealogy - - - - - it's in my blood!