From: MikeFry
Sent: Saturday, March 22, 2014 6:33 PM
To: legacyusergroup@LegacyUsers.com
Subject: Re: [LegacyUG] Fw: Failed restore

On 21 Mar 2014 19:22, Joan wrote:

> I am not expecting good news about my query, but thought I would give it a
> go.
> My computer had everything removed by a Technician.  All programs gone.
> Have
> re-installed my Legacy.
> When endeavouring to restore a family file, even though the disk showed
> files on
> it I could not get it to restore.
> I followed the instructions but all that came up was a sample file.  I
> made sure
> I had done a back up but it looks as though I didn’t do it correctly.
> Any suggestions or do I just pull my hair out.   Fortunately I do have
> some
> early files on another program but had so much more on Legacy.

There are backups and then there are backups. What form does your backup
take?
Your answer dictates how the backup should be restored.

Some backups are copies of files. Others, consolidate a group of files into
single backup entity. The former can just be re-copied back into the
'correct'
place. The latter needs to go through a restoration procedure.

We can not tell from the paucity of information given, which category you
fit into.

--
Regards,
Mike Fry