Hello

I am attempting to assist a friend who has Legacy. I am not at all conversant
with Merging, single instances only, or importing a file either gedcom or
legacy database.

Recently he was contacted by someone who is of the same tree as him with
European roots.

On looking at his tree and theirs and the large numbers of surname variants,
some of which he had no record of and he therefore decided to start a new
database.

There were several cases of same surnames marrying with a few years of each
other and varying other issues dates etc. which again led him to believe he
needed to begin
again with a separate tree to assist him to sort them all out.

Having now finished this (and finding out he had connected his own line to one
of the many same name marriages) he now has a correct tree in the “new” file.

His problem is how does he get the new file into his own tree.

I have read the Merge files section of help and feel this may not solve the
problem as I am not sure that this will cope with the differences, particularly
with the names.

I hope my explanation is clear enough and would appreciate any advice regarding
this problem.

Anne Wiltshire
QLD Australia