Thanks to Ward and Cathy will advise how it goes.

Anne

-----Original Message-----
From: Ward Walker
Sent: Tuesday, April 29, 2014 2:14 AM
To: legacyusergroup@LegacyUsers.com
Subject: Re: [LegacyUG] Two files

Ann, I think you are right to be concerned about the name difference. When
you merge, the automatic detection of duplicates will not catch true
duplicates if the names are different beyond the first few characters
(settable). I don't know if AKA names will trigger a suspected duplicate.
That would help, if the AKAs are all set properly. Otherwise, since you will
inevitably have to choose which name you want to be the main name for each
individual, after all the merging is done, you might as well set these names
before the merge. You could do so in either the incoming or the target file,
as long as you enable the merge to discover candidate duplicates for you to
process one by one.

   Ward