Hi Anne,

In the Marriage Information Screen, have you marked that she is not married?
That's the trigger to pick up the not married wording.
Also on that screen you can add specific wording just for this relationship.
See the Wording Options Tab.

The wording in Options - Customise is to set the defaults for everyone.

I generally leave out the "someone" when I don't know the name of the partner
and leave it as "had a relationship"

Cathy

Anne Eccles wrote:
> Hi, I am doing a descendant narrative report and would like to change
> the default marriage wording. thanks to previous posts, I have found
> the options>customise area to go to to make the change, but when I try
> to change the wording, then save, the settings return back to the
> default wording.
> Currently when someone is not married, I get something like this –
> Sharon married someone. She had 4 children Brett, Louise, Tom and
> Mary. I would like to leave out the “Sharon married someone” as I
> don
’t know if she was married or not and I don’t know if she had one