Hi Kathy,
I find a Descendant Chart helpful - using the format option to pack information
on one line (actually it word wraps to more than one) and include marriage and
parents.  This packs a lot of information into a small space.
Before the days of taking computers to libraries, that's what I used to take -
Descendant charts for each relevant branch.

Cathy

Kathy Meyer wrote:
> THanks, Sherry.  I don't agree but I will respect it :-)  I'm trying
> to find out what reports Legacy might have that will assist in a
> research trip.  That doesn't seem off topic to me -- I gave a lot of
> details because I imagined people would have a lot of different
> reports that they use and thought details would limit those replies to
> something that would be more specific.  What you are saying is don't
> include all the details I guess, because if I were to post a single
> sentence question saying*'is there a report that will give you an
> entire family ancestry including all sibli
ngs and spouses with birth &
> death information, something that you would use on a research trip?"
> *you would have been happier.  I didn't want to clutter the list with
> any research specific suggestions, hence, the request to reply
> privately if they wanted to share that.
>
> I wasn't asking for research assistance; I know where I'm going and
> what I'm doing -- I need to find a good report(s) that will help me do
> that research. I apologize for any misunderstanding.  Does that make
> more sense?
>
>   Have a great weekend!  Kathy
>

> On Fri, Jun 27, 2014 at 4:06 PM, Sherry/Support
> <she...@legacyfamilytree.com <mailto:she...@legacyfamilytree.com>> wrote:
>
>     This is not the appropriate place for general research questions. You
>     could check Rootsweb mailing lists for a group that's specific to
>     researching in Germany that might be more helpful.
>
>     We'd be more than happy to help you get Legacy and your data files on
>     your laptop to ta
ke with and synching with your desktop at home, but
>     as busy as the list can be, general research questions like this is
>     way off topic!
>
>     Thanks for understanding
>

>     Sincerely,
>     Sherry
>     Technical Support
>     Legacy Family Tree
>

>     On Fri, Jun 27, 2014 at 2:56 PM, Kathy Meyer <kmeyer2...@gmail.com
>     <mailto:kmeyer2...@gmail.com>> wrote:
>     > I am going to be travelling a bit in Germany in about a month
>     and I have one
>     > day set aside to research in an archive that has previously
>     yielded a wealth
>     > of information on this particular family (I hired a researcher
>     who went to
>     > the archive on my behalf).  Since the archive is only open for 6
>     hours, two
>     > days a week, this one day is my only chance so I want to
>     maximize my results
>     > in any way that I can by the best preparation possible.
>     <snipped>
>

>     Legacy User Group guidelines:
>     http://www.LegacyFamilyTre
e.com/Etiquette.asp