On 07/08/2014 20:10, Jim wrote:
> I am having problems with the "share with" feature in an event. I
> created a census event for a widow. Living with her is her divorced
> daughter and the daughter's son. Her grandson. I use the name list and
> add the daughter. I then search for the grandson. I select his name, but
> it doesn't come up on the list only a parents check box - which adds the
> divorced father and not the son. So the grandson has a unique name so
> instead of adding using the list I type in his name. The event still
> will not show up on the grandchild. Am I missing something?

If I am interpreting your description correctly, you are selectin the
daughter by clicking on her the box next to her name in the right-hand
pane of the Name List, where the Immediate Relatives of Grandma are
listed.  Grandson is not on that list because he is not an Immediate
Relative.

Simply start typing Grandson's surname or forename or RIN (or UserID)
into the appropriate box above and select him in the left-hand pane by
checking his tick box, then click Select.  You can do this immediately
after selecting Daughter and both names are returned together to the
Sharing dialog.

--
Jenny M Benson